Join Our AMAZING TEAM
Lashon Academy is a charter school organization located in the cities of Van Nuys, and Los Angeles. We currently offer a K-8 program in Van Nuys and the opening of a K-2 program in the City. We are proud of our strong academic program, enriching arts and dance program, and the integration of Hebrew language program.
Our administrators attribute these academic successes to strong leadership within the schools themselves, a core of talented and dedicated teachers and staff members as well as strong parental and community support.
If you are interested in any of the available opportunities please submit a resume, cover letter, relevant documents to our Human Resource department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Elementary Teacher will create a flexible program and environment which promotes
learning and personal growth; establish effective rapport with pupils and good relationships
with parents and other staff members; motivate pupils to develop the skills, attitudes and
knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued academic growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of curriculum and the standards of student performance to plan
appropriate long and short-term goals.
- Uses student progress data to design classroom instruction and instructional intervention.
- Covers appropriate content as determined by the curriculum and provides opportunities for
students to participate in a variety of learning activities.
- Designs and implements appropriate instructional interventions for students slow to achieve mastery or for students show have already achieved mastery.
- Evaluates pupil’s academic performance and social growth; prepares progress reports and
communicates with parents and pupils on the individual pupil’s progress.
- Observes school policies and procedures and adopted administrative regulations pertaining
- Plans daily lessons to achieve identified lesson objectives with primary focus on student
engagement and student success.
- Has a wide range of instructional and assessment strategies and uses them appropriately.
- Uses appropriate questioning strategies to elicit basic facts and concepts, to encourage the
exchange of ideas or information among students, and to stimulate higher-level thinking.
- Extends beyond the basic subject matter to bridge and reinforce knowledge from a variety
of interrelated sources.
- Is aware and sensitive at all times as to what is happening in the classroom.
- Demonstrates a genuine respect for all students.
- Creates opportunities for student collaboration, decision-making, team building, leadership,
and other transferable skills.
- Adheres to consistent discipline and character development program to maintain school
standards of pupil behavior in and out of the classroom.
- Maintains a clean, safe, functional and attractive room.
- Plans and pursues a program of personal professional growth; participates in appropriate school, county and statewide in-service education activities.
- Actively participates in the evaluation process.
- Participates in required staff development and committee work.
- Plans and coordinates the work of aides, teacher assistants, and other Para-professionals, including parent volunteers.
- Maintains universally accepted standard of conduct for teachers.
- Maintains fair and equitable relationships with students.
- Remains forthright, clear, honest and respectful in communications with parents and recognizes their importance as partners in the educational process.
- Actively contributes as a member of a grade level, departmental or faculty team and is supportive of other staff members and their efforts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Knowledge of subject mater, including California Common Core Standards and subject specific frameworks
- Knowledge of assessments
- Ability and willingness to implement the Readers and Writers Workshop Model
Minimum Educational Level
- Bachelors degree
- Valid California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential required
- English Language Learner Authorization required
- NCLB Highly Qualified required
- References (on original letterhead, signed and recently dated) from all employers covering the last (3) years.
- CA credential with an English Learner (EL) authorization
- Basic Skills Requirements (i.e. CBEST or Approved Out-of-State Basics Skills Exam)
- Verification of Highly Qualified/No Child Left Behind (HQ/NCLB) compliance (i.e. Subject Matter Exam/Subject Matter Waiver/NCLB letter)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The job of the School Community Recruiter is to provide specialized services involving the school in relation to parents and/or the community at large. This person will also be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive and innovative recruitment program to attract new families.
The Community Relations Coordinator will report directly to the Principal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with parents on behalf of the school for the purposes of ensuring that an ongoing partnership between the home and school is formed.
- Conduct parent meetings for the purpose of gaining information and/or discussing school news.
- Organize various activities for the purposes of providing support to the school and parents, showcasing student work, and celebrating the diversity of the community.
- Handle all aspects of the school’s publications such as newsletters, brochures, bulletins, and letters.
- Represent the school in various community organizations and community events.
- Provide strategic direction and planning for media relations.
- Develop and post content for the school’s Facebook, Twitter, and website; working directly with staff, faculty, students, and parents.
- Monitor the school’s social media content and comments to ensure the pages are current, comprehensive and visually inviting.
- Develop and coordinate innovative approaches to recruitment. Establish program standards, goals, and strategies to achieve recruitment objectives.
- Conducts oral presentations and events to encourage school enrollment.
- Prepares a wide variety of student recruitment promotional materials such as releases, brochures, and public service announcements.
- Bachelor degree in an area relevant to coordinating and directing school/community relations such as public relations, mass communication, or equivalent education and experience.
- Sales/cold calling experience
- Mastery of communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Proficiency with current technology for performance of duties; including graphics design and publication software.
- Previous experience in a public school environment preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
- Detail-‐oriented team player willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done
- Knowledge of principles of public relations, publicity, marketing, and grant writing
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the school’s mission
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
SALARY: Depending on experience
TYPE OF POSITION: Part-time or Full time
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide computer and network support
- Troubleshoot a Windows/Mac -based environment as well as utilize Google G-Suite and Azure.
- Content filtering
- Reformat devices
- Printer Driver Installation and oversight.
- Virus Removal.
- Installation/Repair programs and G-suite.
- Inventory Maintenance/update
- Troubleshooting (Windows reinstalls, driver updates, identify hardware failures, etc.)
- Create/remove logon credentials.
- Monitor emails/voicemails from the team requesting support.
- Providing assistance to employees in a friendly and professional manner.
- Setup and install peripherals including but not limited to routers, phones, PC’s, printers, and
laptops in person.
- PC Build / Repair hardware.
- Wireless PTP access point configuration.
- Well versed in excel and organizing and presenting data in excel
- Very well organized
- Ability to work with users with widely varying technical skills
- Quick response to requests during business hours
- Ability to prioritize requests when necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Experience providing business-environment desktop support
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking preferred
Please submit your resume and introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Clerk is responsible for coordinating school activities and helping to oversee
the school office while interfacing with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all front office activities and monitor activities of other classified staff.
- Compose or transcribe from rough draft, correspondence, bulletins,
memorandums, and other material.
- Track daily student attendance reports; compile and file student grade and
attendance reports and other school records.
- Direct students encountering problems to the appropriate personnel (i.e.,
Principal, or AP).
- Order and dispense school supplies.
- Take and transcribe meeting notes and disperse information.
- Maintain calendar of school events.
- Provide first aid to students when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Answer telephones.
- Translate documents.
Office Clerk Expectations
- Arrive to work and attend any meetings or appointments in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional standards in the office and the school.
- Participate in Lashon Academy and individual professional development
- Participate in other events aimed at promoting or developing Lashon Academy
(i.e., student recruitment).
Requires Knowledge of
- Lashon Academy general policies, procedures and mission statement.
School office operations.
- First aid and CPR (preferred).
Requires Ability To
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a “start‐up” environment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written forms.
- Interact effectively with others using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Resolve matters with discretion and diplomacy.
- Complete assigned tasks and projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Exercise discretion in the dissemination of information
- Minimum of an Associates Degree or certificate. An equivalent
combination of training and experience may be substituted for
- Minimum of 1 year in an administrative support capacity in a business
environment is required. Prior experience within a school setting is desired.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).